In need of a mid-week pick-me-up?! I’ve got just the thing, a batch of Knock You Naked Bars, and let me tell you, they live up to their name!
It’s a cold, rainy Wednesday here in the Niagara region, unmotivated to leave my apartment, naturally, I decided to bake up something delicious. For those of you who know me well, delicious tends to be automatically equated with “chocolate” in my vocabulary. When I came across this recipe on Pinterest that combined chocolate chip cookie dough, caramel, and peanut butter, I was sold!
Plus, with a name like Knock You Naked how could you not?! This recipe is modified from Julie’s Eats & Treats
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (300 g)
1/2 can evaporated milk (1/2 of a 370 mL can)
1 bag Werther’s Original chewy caramels (128 g)
1/2 cup natural, smooth peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually mix in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Spread half of cookie dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. While the cookie dough is baking melt caramels and evaporated milk in a saucer on stovetop. Stir continuously as this mixture has a tendency to burn. Add peanut butter after caramels are melted. Melt thoroughly (mixture will darken in colour). Spread over baked cookie dough base.
5. With the remaining cookie dough, drop by spoonfuls onto the caramel mixture.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
Everything you need.
Melting the evaporated milk and caramel mixture.
Ready for the oven!
Cozying up in my apartment and waiting out the rain.
I hope they Knock You Naked! *wink*